Located at the western side of Port Klang, Pulau Indah was known in the past as Pulau Lumut and was connected only by boats. Its activities centred to agriculture and fishing. Literally translated, Pulau Indah means ‘beautiful island’. And for the many visitors who have been to the island, indeed it is just so with its traditional Malay villages, its unhurried way of life and the lush green surroundings and mangrove coast all set on the southern side of the island. The northern side of the island on the other hand is developed with industrial estates and commercial developments.
Today, Pulau Indah is fast becoming the centre of growth supported by the port’s development and its rapid progress, in line with the Selangor State Government’s effort to transform it into a centre for eco-tourism, commercial and industrial importance.
Central Spectrum aims to develop Pulau Indah into a high-income economy district and provide work opportunities with a commitment to turn Pulau Indah into a prestigious land of prospects.
- Known in the past as Pulau Lumut.
- With famous attractions along the coast: Westports – a leading port in South East Asia and one of the top 5 Ports in the world in terms of productivity, Port Klang Cruise Centre, PKFZ – Free Commercial and Industrial Zone, Royal Selangor Yacht Club (RSYC).
- Host of full-scale factories such as Federal Flour Mill, F&N, Scientex Berhad, PMB Spectrum, Mewah Oil, Oleon, Central Sugar, Kontena Nasional, MOFAZ and other brands.
- Hosts a number of government agencies including the Royal Malaysian Navy, Royal Malaysian Customs Department and Marine Department Malaysia.
- With the presence of the MILS Logistics Hub at Pulau Indah, convenient integrated logistics services which include halal logistic, freight management, transportation, warehousing and project cargo management, among many others are available here.
- Features excellent accessibility with the construction of the Pulau Indah Ring Road (completion date: 2014), which will be connected to the upcoming South Klang Valley Expressway (due by 2015).
- Famous for its water sports activities such as canoeing and fish angling with a backdrop of the gorgeous three straits namely the Straits of Lumut, Straits of Klang and Straits of Malacca.
A complete destination, Pulau Indah offers a wholesome lifestyle and an excellent quality of life. With a wide range of shopping, leisure and dining spots mere minutes away from here, living here is a novelty experience. Apart from entertainment conveniences, Pulau Indah is also located just minutes away from excellent educational institutions, world-class sports facilities and healthcare amenities.
Surrounding Facilities of pulau indah
- Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital, Klang
- Pantai Medical Centre
- Sri Kota Specialist Medical Centre
- Selangor Medical Centre
- Sime Darby Medical Centre, Subang Jaya
Shopping & Leisure
- AEON Mall Bukit Tinggi
- AEON Mall Bukit Raja
- Klang Parade
- Harbor Place
- Setia City Mall
- SACC Mall
- Tesco Hypermarket
- Giant Hypermarket
- GM Klang Wholesale City
Universities & Colleges
- Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL)
- INPENS International College, Pulau Indah
- Workers Institute of Technology, Pandamaran
- Universiti of Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Port Klang Golf Club
- Bukit Kemuning Golf & Country Club
- Royal Selangor Yacht Club